Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Already behind...

Agh!!! I'm already a week behind. How does that happen? I have the best intentions... Anyway, on with the blog!

My office was closed on Good Friday, so I took that opportunity to hit the Flea Market at the Fairgrounds. The weather was gorgeous, so I was able to convince my baby brother (17 yr old, 6'3", 225 lb baby brother) to tag along and keep me company...and carry whatever treasures I happened to procure. Now if you have never been to the flea market, you simply must go. Trust me. It is amazing. Sometimes it does require a bit of vision (as in seeing what an item could be with a little TLC), but you can get some killer deals! Even baby brother was amazed. It's also a great place to work on your negotiation skills. We were wheelin' and dealin' left and right. There were lots of things I wanted, but I only came home with two things (self control is one of the fruits of the spirit after all)...both of which I went looking for, thank you very much! The first is a white vase for a floral arrangement in Missy's room. The second is a dresser for Sissy's room. We're going to use it as her changing table as well. It is exactly what I was looking for (well, at least it will be after we paint it) and I talked the guy down to $145 dollars. It is an older piece, so it is solid wood making this a great deal!!! Envy me...

Saturday was the church Easter egg hunt. Lots of fun times with friends from church. Missy was lovin' on anybody she could get close to. Sometimes the pure abandon with which my precious child loves others awes and amazes me. We found some eggs, had a picnic lunch with our home group and frolicked in a field (how in the heck do you make frolic past tense?). We got some great pics and had a blast!

He is Risen!!! Hallelujah! Easter Sunday dawned cold, but lovely. Missy was a vision in her Easter dress, Hubby was looking dapper, and I found something to stretch over my ever expanding form (can we get another Hallelujah?). We went to church and then started our holiday tour of the midstate. First we headed north to Mimi and Toph's house. Lunch was spectacular (we all ate until we were miserable), and we enjoyed spending time with my parents, brothers, grandparents, and Ansley's cousins. We also played a rousing game of Apples to Apples. It was highly entertaining and I won! Then we bid farewell to my family and headed south to visit Hubby's fam. At Nonni and Pop's house, we hunted easter eggs while it was still daylight and then we ate dinner (well, we made an effort...we were still stuffed from lunch). After dinner we capped off the evening with a visit to see J's baby horse. J is Uncle B's girlfriend and her family raises TN Walking Horses. There was a new baby colt and Missy has been dying to see it. Needless to say, the colt was a big hit with our animal loving girl, so it was a great way to end a great weekend!

I hope each of you had an equally amazing weekend to reflect on the awesome sacrifice that was made for us through our Savior's crucifixion, and the precious hope we have in our Risen King!

No comments: